Lower Quality Sample
- Blank has been cut from worn / low quality tooling;
- Thrust pads without clean and square edges. These thrust pads are rounded through excessive deburring – usually compensating for low quality tooling;
- Thrust ramping is too deep and uneven on each pad, and there is no apparent control over the ramp sizing – the most critical bearing feature; see Thrust Ramping;
- Surface finish is too smooth;
- Oil feed hole is too large.
- Thrust pads – sharp square cut from quality tooling;
- Thrust bearing ramping size is controlled – correct size on all pads;
- Oil feed hole is clean, deburred and to the correct size;
- Controlled scratches on the bearing surface (as on GT15-25) to retain oil on shut down.
All Melett products are engineered using the strictest quality control processes. The team incorporates 3D measurement capabilities, down to a repeatable accuracy of 2 microns, along with traditional engineering measurement equipment and state of the art 3D modelling software to create the engineering drawings for manufacture.